Week 2

 This week I decided to listen to Soldiers Joy by Gid Tanner and His Skillet Lickers. I really liked this song because of the emotion involved, it is a song that would essentially bring joy. I enjoy this song because I love bluegrass/ Indy music and this song is similar to some of the songs I would listen to on a daily basis. I really enjoy the instruments and how it livens the song. I think the target audience is really anyone! I think its for people to enjoy and to have fun dancing too! anyone that can listen and needs a mood lifter this song is for them!

Comments

  1. While I agree that the music of the song may bring joy, I think that the lyrics of the song are pretty dark and depressing. I find it interesting that Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers were able to mesh together such joyful music with such depressing lyrics. I feel like the song may have been meant to be sarcastic?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hey Good Lookin