Hey Good Lookin

I listened to hey good looking, that is all. it was a cool song, 5/10. thats all I have.

"Hey, Good Lookin'" was recorded on March 16, 1951, at Castle Studio in Nashville. The same session also produced the single's B-side "My Heart Would Know" as well as another pair of tunes that would be released as singles: "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)" and "Howlin' at the Moon", released on April 27, 1951. The "Hey, Good Lookin'" single would follow on June 22. Williams was backed on the session by members of his Drifting Cowboys band, including Jerry Rivers (fiddle), Don Helms (steel guitar), Sammy Pruett (electric guitar), Jack Shook (rhythm guitar), Ernie Newton or "Cedric Rainwater", aka Howard Watts (bass), and either Owen Bradley or producer Fred Rose on piano.[9] As author Colin Escott observes, "On one level, it seemed to point toward rock 'n' roll (hot rods, dancing sprees, goin' steady, and soda pop), but the rhythm plodded along with a steppity-step piano, and Hank sounded almost dour."[

Comments

  1. Hey! I definitely feel that, even though I'd give it like a 6/10. It sounds a little annoying at times, and is a little too "try hard". However, I like the cooking lyric about "cookin'" things up with the singer. And the electric guitar sliding around also sounds pretty nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that this song is a 5/10 too. I'm not much into country and this song is a bit repetitive and the chorus isn't that great. I do like that his voice matches the song well and he is able to go with the music well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2